Saturday, November 15, 2008

Poison - Look What The Cat Draged In





Last year Chris gave me a bottle of Rumball Sparkling Shiraz that changed my mind about drinking sparkling wines.

At first taste there was this exuberant, warm, jolly, energetic feeling that came over me. Upon drinking more I could hardly contain myself. While I felt like bursting right out of my socks there was this soft glow nestled inside that kept me anchored to my soul.

I had to know right away how a Sparkling Shiraz is made and Chris broke it down for me that it is fermented, liquored and left to process in the bottle in the way that Champagne is made but with red wine instead.

There is a fervor with Sparkling Shiraz that makes me beg the question: what does a Sparkling Shiraz sound like? What kind of music would I pair with a Sparkling Shiraz?

The aforementioned feelings of excitement and warmth I had combined with the almost unorthodox method in which Sparkling Shiraz beckons me to pair it with the 1986 album Look What The Cat Dragged In by Poison. To this day I can still feel how wild-eyed I was and how amused I was when I first heard the album. I listened to Talk Dirty To Me from the album recently and I immediately drew a parallel between it and my first taste of Sparkling Shiraz.

The flare in the song reminded me of both the sparkle, spice and big-hitting flavour of a Sparkling Shiraz. And the method in which Sparkling Shiraz is made brings to memory the flamboyance of Poison particularly on the Look What The Cat Dragged In album.

Whew! I think it is time to go enjoy a bottle together with the album. If you need more proof I encourage all to at least try.

No comments: